Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Easy Blackberry Cherry Cobbler


Hello, friends! 

Looking for a quick and supremely easy summertime dessert?

Thanks to my Aunt Sherry, who made this cobbler and shared it with me when I was visiting her and my Uncle Gerry back in the spring, here's a most excellent one!

Her delicious version used home-canned peaches, but I used fresh blackberries and store-bought canned dark cherries for equally tasty results.  And, honestly, most any fruit filling will do, as that's the versatile nature of cobblers.


Easy Blackberry Cherry Cobbler
Very slightly adapted from a recipe courtesy of Sherry Hils

 1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of flour
1 stick of butter, melted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
15 oz. can of pitted dark sweet cherries with juices - I used Oregon Fruit Products brand
6 oz. container of fresh blackberries

Whisk together all ingredients except fruit(s) and pour into an 
ungreased 8"x8," 9"x9," or 7"x11" dish. 

Top batter with the cherries and blackberries. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until top is golden.

May be served warm or at room temperature. 
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.  

This recipe is the epitome of "dump-ingredients-together-stir-throw-in-the-oven-and-eat" baking. 

Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. Hey Erin,

    Mr. secret Agent is out in the yard picking blackberries as I type this. Guess what I am going to do with them ?

    This recipe looks so yummy...I love fruit pies..cobblers and crisps...my favorite dessert.

    Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    Ps...your lovely candles are a HUGE hit with my customers. I will be reordering very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yum yum! All it needs is a scoop of vanilla bean beside it and I'll be a happy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love cobbler and this looks so wonderfull! Thanks for sharing, Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok....I think even I can make this recipe! How yummy! We just picked a bunch of nice big blackberries yesterday and I'm headed to the store tomorrow for some cherry filling. I want to make this.....NOW! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be trying this soon! It looks wonderful... I've been buying blackberries lately at the farmer's market and they are so delicious.

    P.S. Your brown transferware plate is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so delicious! I love blackberry cobbler.....especially with fresh blackberries!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! I make the same recipe except use milk instead of water. Delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.